Eberlestock Firebase Jacket is a breathable "puff" jacket, excellent for a warm middle layer or as an outer layer during cold weather activity or static situations in moderately cool weather. As always, Eberlestock has set the bar for everything they do. This Jacket, made in Finland, go ahead you can say "WOW", finally a product not made in China! Thank you Eberlestock.
Please email us, facebook or do a review on this product to let us know how it worked for you.
The technology of G Loft Insulation: Like all good synthetic insulation, G Loft is made of micro thin polyester fibers. But whereas even name brand insulation is made using generic polyester fibers, G Loft is special at the molecular level. So, here is the difference.
Conventional Synthetic Fill:
- It is either solid or, if hollow, with several small porous tubes running through it.
- Its natural state is as a long and drawn out fiber. In order to artificially create loft, they’re mechanically crimped.
- Over time they tend to return to their natural state and get matted.
- G Loft is a single, wide open hollow tube similar to polar bear hair. It gives both lighter weight and more dead air space which is the ultimate goal of an insulating layer.
- It is formed of two kinds of material that solidify at different rates and are naturally coiled. When compressed, they tend to return to their natural state, pushing away from each other and creating loft.
- The coiled fibers form a chaotic fill. Rather than invite compression they fight it. It is highly compressible and will spring back to shape much like goose down.