A Hilleberg Staika Tent is supremely strong, elegantly simple – and fully free standing – Dome Tent that is well-suited for any adventure.
Because of its Kerlon 1800 outer tent material, 10 mm poles and completely free standing design, the Staika excels on any journey where absolute strength is the highest priority, and where terrain could create difficult pitching conditions. Easy to pitch and fully able to handle heavy snow loading, the Staika will serve admirably in both exposed and/or above tree line and protected terrain, year ‘round, in any and all weather conditions. And thanks to its spacious two door/two vestibule design and excellent static strength, it makes a superb base camp tent, where users will leave the tent unattended for extended periods of time.
The Staika is all about simple – but simple does not by any means equate to “sparse.” Easy to pitch, immensely stable, remarkably spacious, and quite light, the Staika is an excellent “go to” tent for any use where sturdy strength is the high priority.
We originally designed the Staika for paddle tourers, who wanted a highly stable, fully free standing tent for handling tricky pitching conditions. Since then, it has garnered a large, loyal following amongst a wide assortment of other adventurers: mountaineers, polar travelers, and ski tourers find it a supremely stable base camp tent in all conditions; bicycle tourers love its simplicity and completely free standing construction; and even regular backpackers find great comfort in its roominess and relatively light weight as well as in its strength and stability.
Click here for pitching instructions
- The Staika’s dome design is completely free standing, and the vestibules are included in the self-supporting structure. Its innovative short pole sleeve and clip system construction, same length poles, and linked inner and outer tents make for simple and quick set up. Its design allows for a very compact footprint without sacrificing interior roominess.
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and three 10 mm poles in true dome configuration make for an exceptionally stable tent with outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- Pitching requires no pegs, but 16 peg points provide options for increasing stability: six loops at each pole end, one point on each of the four non-door outer tent panels, and six double guy lines with double line runners, one along each pole line.
- Both the floor space and head room are quite spacious thanks to the three pole structure and dome design.
- Two entrances and two vestibules afford tremendous convenience, flexibility and comfort. And the two vestibules are parallel to the sleeping area, so access to gear stored there is wonderfully convenient – you can even get at it while lying in your sleeping bag!
- Dual entrances ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind.
- The Staika’s ventilation system functions regardless of weather conditions, since both the inner tent’s fabric is highly breathable, and since there are two roof vents integrated into the top of the doors. Extra sliders on the outer tent doors provide plenty of adjustment options, and one entire side of the inner tent door opening is a no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel. In addition, the top portion of the outer tents’ doors are made of highly air permeable yet water resistant, snow-proof fabric panels, so air flows freely, even when the panels are zipped closed. A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside.
E-mail a friend about this item.