The Cow Elk...our flagship. Of all our Heads Up Decoy models, the Cow Elk is by far the most popular decoy. Those who buy the decoy buy if for its ease of use, realism, weight, portability, and collaspability. Characteristics that are unmatched by any other big game silhouette decoy on the market today.
Whether you use it or not, this decoy was designed to take anywhere, in any weather, and every time you go to elk country.
New for 2010
- Increased length of handle to create a "stabilization bar" for more control and stability in nearly every hunting situation.
- Eliminated the "2 position functionality"
- Machined both ends of the handle to fit around "windlock" component fittings
- Useable with the newly developed Decoy Clamp and Bow Mount...see accessory page.
What do these improvements mean to you? It increases the methods and tactics for you to use the Heads Up Decoy in nearly anyway you the archery hunter wants or prefers to use the Heads Up Decoys.
Your Heads Up Cow Elk Decoy weighing less than a pound consists of:
- A pocket like cloth decoy with a photo generated, double sided, print.
- A semi-rigid, but flexible self-supporting frame that conforms to the natural posture of the decoy requiring no stakes or poles.
- Rigid support for the features of the head that rotate along the main support frame which eliminate “flopping” or curling.
- An 18” handle with closed cell foam grip with a “Wind Lock” system which keeps the decoy from spinning on the handle in breezy hunting situations.
What makes the Heads Up Decoy unique is, once the decoy is deployed for use, no stakes or poles are required to maintain the shape of the decoy. And, since the decoy is handheld, the hunter can provide much needed movement further enhancing the decoying/calling scenario.
When combining realism, simplicity, and portability, the Heads Up Decoy may be unmatched by any other decoy on the market.